Learn more about your acoustic guitar, including acoustic guitar anatomy, tonewoods, body shapes, how guitars produce sound, and much more.
Learn several easy maintenance tasks you can do yourself without specialist tools or experience.
Resources for the home studio owner, wanting to record quality demos with a focus on acoustic guitar and vocals.
There’s a lot to consider when buying an acoustic guitar, even more so if this is your first guitar.
Resources for the acoustic guitarist who wants to learn basic music theory without getting overly complex.
Learn more about accessories available for the acoustic guitar including pickups, stands, and strings.
Interested in writing your own music? Click here to find free resources for those new to songwriting.
Learn the basics of a number of alternate tunings including drop D, double drop D, DADGAD, and open E tuning.
The wood your guitar is constructed from has a large influence on the sound of the guitar. Learn how different tonewoods affect tone.
Latest Acoustic Articles
- Buying An Acoustic Guitar OnlineAcoustic Guitar Product Photo Online
- Why Refrains and Choruses are different and how to Use ThemIn a recent article on common song structures, we briefly touched on choruses and refrains. And, while both terms are often used interchangeably, and share some similarities, there are differences, at least based on the evolution of refrains from poetry and screenplay. In today’s article, we’re going to explain these differences, show some examples, and … Read more
- What are 7th chords?When learning guitar, the first chords you are likely to encounter are major and minor triads, chords that consist of three notes. But what chords should you learn next? Usually, the answer is 7th chords. But what are 7th chords exactly? If you are looking for a quick overview: 7th chords are triads with an … Read more
- Guitar Theory ResourcesResources that will help you learn guitar theory faster, including information on how to read guitar tab, chord charts, and how to navigate the fretboard of your guitar.
- Guitar TheoryWhat Is Guitar Theory? At its heart music is the combination of melody, harmony, and rhythm. Music theory is the language used by musicians to understand and communicate these three concepts. Guitar theory is simply music theory applied to the guitar. What does Guitar Theory Include? Melody (the arrangement of single notes), in the context … Read more
- What is a Half Diminished 7th Chord?Ever come across a chord written like this ø7 or perhaps m7b5 or even -7b5 and wondered what it was? It’s a half-diminished 7th chord also known as a minor 7 flat 5. This chord can seem confusing, but in reality, once you know how to put them together and where to use them they … Read more